We are currently seeking an Accounts Ledger Coordinator to join one of our prestigious clients based in Telford.
This position is part time at 29 Hours per week, working hours 9-3pm Monday – Thursday and 9-2pm Friday, Flexible start and finish times are an available option, this position is Temporary to Permanent to start January 2020.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This is a varied role to include opening new supplier accounts in line with organisational guidelines, matching supplier invoices to PO & delivery documentation in a timely manner and ensuring any discrepancies are resolved swiftly and efficiently. You will also be involved in reviewing, coding and processing expense claims. Within this varied role you will also assist the Head of Finance with issuing supplier payments, monthly supplier reconciliations and additional duties as required.
• Strong experience in creating reports from Excel.
• Have strong Microsoft office sills
• Maintain and demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Raise purchase orders for all departments of the business ensuring all data is recorded prior to authorisation by the Operations Manager.
• Ensure that all credit control is managed and notify customers at the earliest opportunity of any discrepancies.
• Conduct stock take evaluation and audits.
• Ensure all data in Sage is completed timely.
• Compile and record Asset register.
• Ensure all invoices are matched to purchase orders.
• Update Operations on weekly expenditure by cost centre.
• Compile a list of credits as a result of consumer complaints
- Working to tight deadlines
- Weekly team meetings
• Carry out tasks and projects that may be reasonably requested by management.
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY, QUALITY AND ENIRONMENTAL DUTIES
• Adhere by the site’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies, Management System, Risk Assessments and practices.
• Drive continual improvement throughout the site.
• Ensure all activities and working practices are undertaken in a safe manner taking responsibility for own safety and the safety of others.
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness.
• Liaise with Operations to identify opportunities to reduce expenditure
GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING DUTIES
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Ideally AAT Qualified or currently studying
- Previous accounts experience ideally within a manufacturing function.
- Must have good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Sage is essential
- Self motivated and a keen eye for detail