£20,000 - £30,000
Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Geophysical Engineer to join our client team. The role is based at stunning offices just outside Shrewsbury. Our client is the largest independent borehole geophysical logging company in Europe and operates in the hydrogeological, mineral exploration, geotechnical, environmental, and renewable energy industries. Today they are a leading borehole geophysical surveying specialists providing clients with a vast range of data across an equally wide range of geological formations.
The role involves carrying out borehole geophysical surveys throughout the UK and overseas, both on-shore and off-shore. The role will also require data interpretation, report writing, equipment maintenance and calibration. The work involves UK and overseas travel with extended periods away from the office. Occasional weekend work will be required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out borehole geophysical surveys
- Loading and testing equipment in preparation for travel to site
- Liaising with clients and consultants to help provide tailored solutions.
- Interpreting data and writing reports
- Maintaining and calibrating equipment
- Acting as a strong company ambassador
- Complying with health and safety
- Working well as part of a friendly team
Key skills and personal qualities
- Geology, geophysics or earth science subject based degree, as minimum is mandatory
- Practical engineer experience or interest/hobby using electrical equipment
- Experience in the hydrogeological, mineral exploration, or geotechnical industries would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Practical disposition and enjoy fieldwork
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Good team player and strong communication skills
- Commitment to the company mission statement and values
- Knowledge of WellCAD is desirable
- A full UK driving license and the right to employment in the UK
- Competitive salaries, with off-shore allowance and a company bonus scheme
- Private pension scheme
- Profits are shared twice a year in the form of a bonus, so the applicant can take home an additional 25% of their salary
- Excellent facilities and training opportunities
- Standard annual leave of 20 days plus bank holidays, with this increasing with service
- Salary: £20,000.00-£30,000.00 per year DOE
If you feel you have relevant skills and experience please apply online or call our team at 01952 263973
“Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.”
To apply for this job email your details to Gosia.email@example.com.