We are currently looking for experienced Printer Operators to join our client on permanent basis.
Working a rotating shift pattern which includes, days, nights weekends and public holidays. Shift working is typically 11.5 hours in duration Monday – Sunday
Flexibility to work additional hours / shift / work patterns as required.
£35,314.81 – £40,359.26 pa ( Salary depending on experience )
Overtime Rate for working Sunday is 40% ( £26.41 – £30.18 )
- To ensure that your working environment is safe clean, tidy and pro-actively prepared to commence production activity, and that all operators, machinery and ancillary equipment are adhering to safe working practices and are fully health and safety compliant including the wearing of all PPE prior to commencing / taking over production tasks.
- To ensure that yourself and your crew are appropriately dressed and presented in accordance with the company’s dress code policy including the wearing of any mandatory work wear / clothing/ uniforms.
- To understand and interpret work schedules, to plan and organise work activity for yourself and others ensuring that your designated crew are fully briefed about work tasks and activity and understand their roles and duties whilst on shift.
- To do everything possible to ensure that work produced is right first time and the product is of an excellent standard that meets or exceeds company / customer expectations including taking ownership of quality control by adhering to checking processes and the approval of printed work ensuring that all work produced is defect free and conforms to the required specifications.
- To fully adhere to ISO 9001 and 14001 procedures including the use and understanding of FSC/PEFC paper and paperwork.
- To maintain, control and adjust equipment in order that it performs to its optimum level. Producing work with zero defects, generating minimum waste/spoilage whilst achieving the specified levels of productivity.
- To apply your experience, knowledge and technical ability fully to identify and resolve faults quickly and accurately and by doing so reducing unnecessary waste and down time.
- To ensure that your designated crew is responsive and working in an effective way in order to optimise print activity reducing waste, downtime and resources by working pro-actively and ensuring that all materials and print requirements are in place at the right place at the right time.
- To liaise with and debrief Production Management / Team Leader on any material factors which adversely impact, disrupt or interfere with the smooth running of scheduled work activity. To provide the Production Managers / Team Leader with reliable and accurate information relevant to the daily production schedules, highlighting any issues which may prevent the timescales within the production schedules being achieved.
- To present a conscientious, professional image at all times being mindful that customers / visitors and external bodies may be on site at any time. To ensure that you and your crew are polite, courteous and welcoming when approached by customers, answering any questions where possible.
- To train, develop, induct and supervise all operators providing pro-active leadership and instruction whilst responding to poor workmanship, conduct, attitude or behavior that disrupts efficient team dynamics, morale and productivity.
- To take ownership of crew performance both from a work throughput and quality perspective and by bringing to the company’s attention employees who are ineffective, require training or who are unable to sustain / deliver company objectives and expectations.
- To ensure that you and your crew fully comply with all of company policies and procedures especially those in relation to Health & Safety and Quality compliance at all times.
- To possess a level of flexibility so that you can, as and when required and where the necessary skill sets are available, safely operate other machinery within the pressroom in order to maintain production.
- To identify, determine and report both operator maintenance and maintenance department requirements and to adhere to maintenance schedules.
- To ensure that during and especially at the end of shifts, work areas are left clean, general housekeeping duties have been maintained and that work stations are left in good order for oncoming shift staff.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities as may be required of you from time to time.
- Minimum of 4 years print experience working in a print manufacturing environment.
- Self motivated and driven to succeed.
- Excellent organising skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Weekly Pay
- 6.6 weeks holiday
- Access to Westfield Health giving a contribution to dentist, optician as well as shopping discounts and rewards
If you feel you have relevant experience and skills please apply online or call our team on 01952 263973
“Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.”
To apply for this job email your details to Gosia.firstname.lastname@example.org.