Negotiable Salary DOE
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join one of our prestigious client based in Telford Shropshire.
- Communicating and Raising 8D’s against suppliers, and where necessary vising the supplier to confirm countermeasures are robust or conduct audits
- As instructed or following audit plans, to carry out System, Process and Environmental audits based on the current standards and specifications. (Trained Personnel)
- Covering for Inspectors and other engineers necessary, or as directed by the Quality Manager
- Identifying quality and process improvements and helping implement them.
- Following our clients and Customer procedures and systems for handling customer concerns.
- Organising, documenting and where necessary carrying out containment, stock sorts, stock swaps, suppliers and Customers sites. This may involve travel, delivering to sub-supplier, suppliers or customer sites.
- Creating / organising the team to implement a timely permanent countermeasure.
- Creating and updating supporting documentation, ie, care points, work instructions and Process Check Sheets.
- Completing to a satisfactory level the customer or internal documentation / portal.
- Following the procedure and systems for introducing the New or Changed product into the factory, sub suppliers or suppliers.
- These can involve following customer paperwork and procedures (SQAM, APQP and PPAP)
- Review, create, train or update our client & Customer Documentation and procedures in line with the New or changed product. (PCS, WI, PPAP’s)
- Handling customer complaints using 8D
- Creating and reviewing control plans, FMEA
- Using measuring equipment (digital callipers, micrometres, height stands)
- Internal Auditing (IATF16949, ISO14001, ISO9001
- Automotive background pressing welding or metal fabrication
- Oral and written communication
- Interpreting technical drawings
- Being customer focused
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office packages
- Presentation and listening skills
- Being thorough and professional
- Meeting deadlines and multitasking
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Team player
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Quality Engineer: 2 years (Required)
“Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.