You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis and to provide effective guidance.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring / Assessing performance of yourself and others and to make improvements or to take corrective action.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Managing your own time and the time of others.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Motivating, developing and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Controlling operations of equipment and systems.
- Teaching others within your team how to perform tasks.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation – we require someone who can be pleasant with others and displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Innovation – we require creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas.
- Integrity – we require honesty and ethnicity
- Adaptability / Flexibility – being open to changes within the workplace (positive or negative)
·Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
·Actively committed to teams working
·Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed
·Good communication and interpersonal skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven work experience as a team leader
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Decision-making skills
·Knowledge of 5s Standards
·5 years of Manufacturing
·IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
If you are interested in this role please call one of our team 01952 263973
Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.