Salary £50K per annum
We are currently looking for a Technical & Quality Manager to join our client based in West Midlands.
This role’s purpose is to lead the Engineering & Quality teams to ensure full compliance with all Engineering & Quality policies, procedures, and practices. Champion the Company’s Continuous Improvement approach to Quality and Product development. To ensure ongoing compliance with ISO 9001 and Whole Vehicle Type Approval and manage technical projects with cross functional teams.
Monday – Thursday 07:00am – 16:00pm
Friday 07:00am – 12:oopm
Up to £50K DOE
Key Task and Responsibilities:
- Project assessment and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions
- Supporting procurement activities with technical input
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build and completion process
- Provide input to and contribute to standard product design improvements
- Review existing Quality Control procedures and implement enhancements to achieve best practice
- Manage and lead the Engineering & Quality teams
- Support and improve the PDI Process and Inspection team
- Champion, manage and maintain the CIP (Continuous Improvement Process) with regards to Product Quality and Process improvement
- Assist with Customer complaint and internal non-conformance investigations to identify root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Liaise with VCA officials as required
- Manage Supply Chain processes incorporating SQA requirements.
- Co-ordinate Type Approval audits and inspections as required
- Documentation audits to check compliance against standards
- Lead quality projects and initiatives to support continuous improvement for customer delivery
- Lead ‘Lean Manufacturing’ initiatives to improve business KPI’s
- Build effective working relationships with other functions such as Production, Purchasing, H&S, Sales, and Finance
- Experience of ISO9001 and Vehicle Type Approval
- Passionate and committed to Quality, to see though the improvements and culture change.
- Background in commercial vehicles is essential
- Mechanical or Production Engineering Background to minimum HNC level
- Broad design and draughting experience, mechanical engineering including 3D SolidWorks
- Knowledge of, and interest in, lean manufacturing and value engineering
- Comfortable with full range of PC office software applications
- Excellent communicator who pro-actively informs key stakeholders on status of technical or quality concerns
If you feel you have relevant skills and experience please apply online or call our team on 01952 263973
Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.