Salary £35K per annum
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join our client based in West Midlands.
The purpose of this role is to ensure full compliance with all Quality policies, procedures and practices and propose improvements to drive a “Quality” first culture on the shop floor. Champion the Company’s Continuous Improvement approach to Quality, reviewing non-conformities and incidents for determining root cause, corrective, and preventative actions. Devise, establish and update Quality documentation, procedures and processes based on industry standards. To ensure ongoing compliance with ISO 9001 and Vehicle Type Approval (VCA). To manage technical projects with cross functional teams.
Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 16:00
Friday 07:00 – 12:00
£35K per annum
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Identify improvement opportunities, appropriately prioritise and manage to conclusion
- Review existing Quality Control procedures and implement enhancements to achieve best practice
- Manage and lead the QC Goods In Inspector
- Support and improve the PDI Process and Inspection team
- Drive cultural change to encourage “right first time first” culture
- Champion, manage and maintain the CIP (Continuous Improvement Process) with regard to PDI, Production and Engineering issues
- Work with Managers and Team Leaders to ensure Quality Control compliance and improvement
- Enhance Customer complaint and internal non-conformance investigations to identify root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintenance of quality records, control plans and checklists to ensure real time conformance to Type Approval requirements
- Liaise with VCA officials as required
- Manage Supply Chain processes incorporating SQA requirements.
- Co-ordinate Type Approval audits and inspections as required
- Documentation audits to check compliance against standards
- Lead quality projects and initiatives to support continuous improvement for customer delivery
- Lead ‘Lean Manufacturing’ initiatives to improve business KPI’s
- This is a standalone role so experience working in a similar environment would be beneficial.
- Experience of ISO9001 and Vehicle Type Approval
- Passionate and committed to Quality, to see though the improvements and culture change.
- Background in welding, fabrication, and heavy engineering desirable
- Experience working with commercial vehicles is essential
- Experience in delivering robust solutions to quality concerns using problem solving methodology (internal and external customer concerns).
- Excellent communicator who pro-actively informs key stakeholders on status of quality concerns
- Able to establish structured approach to problem solving
- Hands-on – willing to flex up and down business to address key priorities for business
- Ability to positively support all areas of the business as we evolve towards a Lean Enterprise. Be active in providing and supporting the implementation of solutions to both quality and business problems.
If you feel you have relevant skills and experience please apply online or call our office on 01952 263973
Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.